Thursday, January 12, 2012

January update and Kindle Select

Okay well I ended up writing another 8000 words on that story I thought I had finished because I wasn't happy with the ending but it is just about done now just need to go over it and fix up a few continuity errors I would have made.

I am going to try out this new Kindle Select thing they have going. You publish your book on Kindle Self Publishing and for 90 days people can rent it out like a library I believe. Also there is the option to promote your book for free for five days over the 90 day period which is what I like the most. I would have most of my stories free on Kindle if that option was provided but unfortunately it isn't.

The catch is that the 90 days the book is on Kindle Select it has to be exclusive to Kindle so can't publish it on Smashwords until after that time. I am happy to make this sacrifice to give it a shot. I took 'Show Off' off of Smashwords today and chucked it on Kindle. Once the publishing process goes through I will enrol it in Kindle Select and see how it goes. Should be interesting.

Next I will be finishing another story I started. No idea how long it will be but likely at least novelette length.

Hope everyone is enjoying 2012 so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment