Monday, January 23, 2012

Kindle Select So Far and Off on Another Trip

Well I have three titles on Kindle Select now and they seem to be doing okay over the past couple of weeks. Hard to compare with Smashwords really as most of my Smashwords stuff is free and what isn't can take weeks to update sales. That said for the 90 days of exclusivity you have to give up for Select I think it is worth it for the exposure that five days of free promotion can give you on what seems to be the most active ebook provider.

On a story update note I have just about finished my next short/novellette and will put it up this week. I have even done the cover already which is rare for me. I have been tweaking photos I have taken using Gimp to make covers these days and I think they turn out pretty decent. Better than some of the crappy covers I used to make. I should really get around to fixing those.

I have started writing a new story but am not particularly happy with it so may come back to it or start a new one. I think I am almost up to a dozen abandoned stories now where I just can't seem to get them flowing right or the ideas right.

Off to Europe at the end of this week again. Seeing the southern parts mostly this time, Nice, Florence, Rome etc and also Lucerne, Prague and Vienna. Looking forward to it. Got a car at last and drove through the Cotswolds today, very scenic.

Anyways that's me for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment