Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New story up and new story started

Okay well made a quick cover and finally decided on a title for my finished fantasy tale. Since it ends very open to a sequel I made it a book 1. Will likely take me a couple of months to write some other stories before I go back to it though. Story is here and it is free:


Decided what I will write next, I will write a follow up to Stolen Fears, beginning 6 months after the end of that story. I have been reading Forge of God by Greg Bear and it got me in the mood to keep going with that one. Greg Bear is a fantastic sci fi writer, particularly if you like sci fi that is set around our time. Some of his stuff may be 10-20 years old but you really would be surprised how relevant it still is and he really does write some compelling stories, certainly someone I aspire to write like.

I have also just finished reading 'The Walking Dead' comic series, well up to the latest one anyway. Great series, one of the best comic series I have read in a while. I don't read that many comics, Y the last man was the last series I have read, but this one might have gotten me into reading more. Storytelling is great and full of surprises, it isn't for the squeamish. The twists and turns are not quite as dramatic as George R.R. Martin but they come close.

No comments:

Post a Comment