Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Update on Issuu, Scribd, Smashwords and Kindle

Thought I would give a quick update on what I thought of Issuu, Scribd, Smashwords and Kindle. I have fiction stories on all four sites and they have been there for a few weeks now.

Firstly Kindle, for a self publishing site it is excellent, returns are poor for a 99c book but it has a wide audience. I have sold a decent amount of stories there. The site is easy to use and very quick.

Smashwords is another good site, haven't made anywhere near as many sales there but my free stories have done very well so it is a great site to get some exposure.

Jury is still out on Scribd for me, all my stuff is free there but I think it gets swamped by everything else. I will give it some time but not getting anywhere near the downloads I do on Smashwords.

Issuu seems to be a waste of time. I won't be using the site again, nowhere near the views of anyone else.

Others may have had different results but this has been my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment